If you share our passion for changing lives and have time to give; then volunteering with us is likely to be very rewarding.
Volunteers are valuable to us, and we respect the value that each volunteer brings to the service. That’s why our volunteer recruitment is based on a mutual transaction and we will seek to provide a supportive enabling environment; investing in our volunteers through learning and development relevant to our volunteers’ progression.
Our volunteering opportunities range from customer service and administration, to specialist areas such as Health, Offending, or Recovery; or you may be interested in helping at one off events. All our volunteers are valuable members of our team and can have an input into developing future volunteer roles as well as influencing service design and delivery.
Forum Housing Association will assist your own development through a full induction and regular supervision, we would also offer and support training opportunities directly relating to our client and customer profile.
You will be allocated a buddy / mentor who will assist and guide you on a daily basis, providing supervision and support regularly.
Volunteering will allow you to utilise existing skills and qualities, and often identify hidden strengthens; building confidence in both yourself and others. Volunteering is about you, we at Forum value your time and commitment, and you can offer as much or as little as you are able.
Forum is committed to safeguard it’s service users, volunteers and staff and as such would undertake both reference and DBS checks as you would be volunteering your services with vulnerable adults. (The cost of these checks would be covered by Forum.)
To assist in your development Forum will…..
– Respect your skills, dignity and individual needs, and to do our best to adjust to your individual requirements.
– Provide adequate information, learning opportunities and assistance for you to be able to meet the responsibilities of your volunteer role.
– Be receptive to any comment regarding ways in which we might mutually better accomplish our respective tasks.
– Ensure satisfactory supervisory support to you and to provide feedback on performance.
– To treat you as an equal partner with the Association’s staff, jointly responsible for completion of the Association’s goals and the fulfillment of it’s mission.
Experience is not essential, however passion, a caring attitude and a willingness to support others is.
If you would like more information about volunteering for us and the opportunities available, please contact us or speak to a member of the HR Team on 0151 649 9718
If you are interested in applying for volunteer work with the Association then please find the relevant application information below:
Charity Shop Volunteer Information
Policies and Procedures